Audits are misunderstood, and maybe it’s because when you hear and read “audit” you think of an IRS audit. Well, even though it’s nearing the time for filing taxes, a website audit is not at all something to fear, ignore, or scoff at. Audits that assess your marketing function are essential for ensuring that your processes, systems, and tools are working and performing the way they’re expected to. How else would you know that you’re not expending time and resources in vain?
As an excerpt from the ebook Conducting a Marketing Audit That is Worth Your Time, this blog lists out the biggest benefits to running a website audit. In case you need more convincing, buy in, or business case for performing a website audit, we hope this information gets you closer to starting an audit for your business.
7 Benefits of a Website Audit
- Data. A website audit looks at a variety of data sets, including the content on your website as well as the technical performance of your site.
- Technical Insight. A website audit provides you with an in-depth look at the overall framework and infrastructure of your website’s technical features. This information can give you answers to questions like: Do search engines like my website? Do people find what they’re looking for on my website? Is navigation simple on my website?
- SEO. When you run a website audit, you learn where you can improve your SEO. If you’re overlooking a great opportunity to boost your ranking, a website audit can help you find it. At the same time, a website audit can show you where your current SEO tactics need improvement.
- User Experience. An in-depth website audit can give you the information you need to optimize your website for your user. It turns out, search engines actually like your website more when you build it for a real user.
- Lead Generation and Conversion. Website audits also help you better understand how well your site is working when it comes to generating leads and converting visitors. This data will also show you where you can refocus your attention in order to improve the way your website generates leads and money.
- Functionality. Website audits give you insight into whether or not your website is working as it should. It’ll identify broken links, page errors, corrupted data, missing features, etc.
- Compliance. Website audits also ensure that you’re compliant with all of the latest online requirements, including new privacy policies determined by the GDPR.
Are you hooked? Learn more information on website audits by downloading our new ebook. Would you rather talk through an audit? Contact us.