5 Benefits of Marketing Automation You Haven’t Considered (Yet)
As a marketer or business owner, chances are you’ve heard about marketing automation. You or your team may even be using a marketing automation tool. Automation is complex, however, and if you don’t fully understand how it works, are not up to speed on how to best use your tool, or don’t have an expert at your disposal, you could be missing out on opportunities to better market your brand. And if you’re not taking advantage of all marketing automation has to offer, then you could just be wasting your time, effort, and resources on doing what you’re doing now.
That’s why we decided to break down the benefits of marketing automation. We’ll start simple, so you know what to look forward to. Then, if this is enough to convince you to learn more about automation, you can take the next step and download our new ebook.
The Benefits of Using Marketing Automation
1. Marketing Automation Saves Time. The beauty of marketing automation is that it really does automate many of the day-to-day marketing tasks. As a business owner, you should always be looking for a way to minimize your expenses, finding ways to stop paying people for repetitive tasks. By freeing up time for people on your team, you’re able to give them opportunities to do tasks that are even more important – like those that are creative and strategic (basically those tasks that can’t be automated). Allowing your team members to get away from the mundane execution of campaigns and to really use their talents offers another benefit: happy employees. And, if you’re a one-man show, marketing automation does the same for you – freeing up your time so that you can work on the parts of your business you really love.
2. It’s More Efficient. Just like saving time is a huge benefit for your business, so is increasing efficiency. The faster you’re able to get day-to-day tasks done, the less money you spend and the more money you make. Using a marketing automation tool is one of the fastest ways to streamline the daily operations of your business. Once those pieces are in place, you are able to seriously grow your business. Efficient businesses know how to predict their revenue, making them more intelligent and strategic, too.
3. It Provides Better Analytics. One of the biggest benefits of adopting a marketing automation tool is that the reports give you real data about how your business is doing. This kind of accountability is what helps to keep you and your team on the right track, avoiding costly delays simply because you didn’t know something you were implementing wasn’t working. And, when you find out what works, you have real, raw numbers that can back you up when it comes time to make a bigger investment. The best part is that getting the data you need isn’t difficult – even people who are brand new to marketing automation tools can learn how to start an A/B test campaign in less than a day.
4. It Increases Retention. It’s ineffective to think of marketing only in terms of getting new customers. Sometimes, the best, most effective marketing campaigns come from staying in contact with current customers. These repeat buyers are a huge asset to your business, but can often be overlooked. For that reason, marketing automation tools are incredibly important because they offer an opportunity to easily stay in touch with your current customers, learning about them so that you can better provide them with exactly what they’re looking for. By increasing the lifetime value of your customers by focusing on retention and ways to make them more loyal to your brand, you help to take the pressure off always needing to find “the next” customer and instead can focus on the customers who already love you. One of the ways marketing automation helps in this area is making it simple to send VIP offers to certain customers. At the same time, customers who are no longer engaging can be put through a re-engagement campaign in order to help reintroduce them to your brand.
5. It Humanizes Your Brand. Your customers want to feel like you know them – and marketing automation can help. You can provide them with a better overall customer experience by creating highly-tailored messages that are sent based on certain behaviors and characteristics. Instead of trying to talk to everyone in one message, you’re able to narrow in, speaking specifically to one group of customers or leads. The more personalized your messaging and marketing can be, the better – according to a study done by Econsultancy, an impressive 93% of all companies that use marketing automation see an uptick in conversion when custom messages are implemented.
Marketing automation just might be the single most important thing you do for your business to help it grow. To learn more about how to use marketing automation for your business, download our free eBook on Change Your Business Forever: How to Use Marketing Automation to Elevate Your Brand.